A company run by people, for those in their time of need
Environment and quality policy
ÁLTIMA's second strategic commitment, respect for the environment, is part of the company's way of doing in all actions and areas. This commitment is currently derived from 3 operational objectives around which we have launched 15 sustainability initiatives.
Ensure correct and efficient environmental management:
- Maintain ISO 14001 environmental management certification in all cemeteries and EMAS certification in the Parc Roques Blanques Cemetery.
- New execution of the CO2 footprint study (funeral homes, cemeteries and crematoriums) 2020: This study, done in collaboration with Inèdit, Sostenipra and the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, specifically measures the amount of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions produced as a result of the services and products that ÁLTIMA offers. This year the 2018 data has been updated.
- EMAS Prize of Catalonia to Roques Blanques in the category of improvement of environmental behaviour.
- Funeral Services Magazine Prize to Roques Blanques for the best environmental initiative 2018. .
- Detailed study of water consumption, which has even obtained a dividend from the Catalan Water Agency.
- Definition and monitoring of annual environmental objectives (and their associated improvement projects).
- Facility management systems have been installed in 5 centres for the optimization of energy consumption.
Offer services and products that respect the environment:
- New ecological spaces, services and products. In this last year, new products for the burial of ashes have been developed: Forest Path and rain urns in Roques Blanques, poppies in Sitges and space for the scattering of ashes in Viladecans.
- Protection of endangered native flora and fauna. Roques Blanques has established itself as a benchmark of park cemeteries throughout the country through projects for the protection of endangered native flora and fauna, in collaboration with the Parc de Collserola Consortium and the Museum of Natural Sciences in Granollers (MCNG).
- Actions for the conservation and strengthening of biodiversity through a collaboration agreement with the Consortium for the Protection and Management of Natural Areas of the Delta del Llobregat.
- WN Shelters Project for Fauna and Flora with the World Nature Foundation. The cemetery also supports the WN Shelter Project for Fauna and Flora of the World Nature Foundation, which promotes the conservation of local nature.
- Sustainable development project, with the Trenca Association, in Les Garrigues. Recovery of ancient abandoned olive trees, through organic farming. Conservation of vegetation and prevention of forest fires.
Other actions to protect the environment that have been carried out are:
- For a few years now, some hearses that are used in the company are electric.
- The preparation of a catalogue of “ecological” coffins and urns that have eliminated the use of polluting products during manufacture.
- A reduction in electricity consumption of 5%, compared to 2016.
- Staff Christmas hampers with 100% organic products.
ÁLTIMA’s quality policy is certified with the ISO 9001 quality standard and is based on the following points:
- 1- Perform a personalized service, according to what the client has contracted and which meets their expectations.
- 2- Have proper, adequate facilities that comply with the legislation and respect the environment as much as possible.
- 3- Increase staff motivation and their awareness in the work they do in a process of continuous training.
- 4- Adapt to new trends in society by incorporating new products and improving customer service.
- 5- Awareness when dealing with suppliers, to encourage good communication and collaboration.
- 6- Adoption of objectives for maintaining a spirit of continuous improvement.
If you would like more information, official documents for each certification are attached:
GIC NOMBER (Gestió Integral de Cementiris)